MAY 24-26 PASTORS SUMMIT IS POSTPONED
The planning committee Pastors Summit met on the morning of March 30 and have regretfully made the decision to POSTPONE the May-24-26 meeting of pastors at Wilderness Edge Retreat Centre due to the uncertainty of travel and meetings during this Covid-19 crisis. We still see the value of this event and will plan to have it either this Fall or in 2021.
In the mean time, since we recognize that the future of how our churches and conference function is undergoing dramatic changes, we see a real need for pastors to connect and encourage each other during these trying times. Pastor Al (Conference Pastor) will be in contact with each region to suggest setting up regional Zoom pastor meetings. The purpose is to pray, to encourage, and to share innovative ways in which we continue reach out to our congregations and community.
EMMC Pastor Summit
May 24 -26, 2020
is moving on as scheduled. Of course with our ears to the ground.
But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
2 Timothy 4:5
Pastor Robbie Symons
Pastor Robbie is the founding Pastor of Hope Bible Church, in Oak-ville, Ontario. His greatest passion is to see Jesus Christ glorified as people realize their potential only through His amazing power.
With a Spirit-led resolve to proclaim the Word of God without apology, to passionately worship Jesus Christ, believe firmly in the power of prayer, Jesus is building His church. Hope Oakville has experienced the power and grace of God in its growth from Bible Study of 18 people in 2003 to 4000 today. God burdened Robbie and the church elders early on with the conviction to plant churches. Through much prayer, they have seen the birth of churches across Canada.
In 2014, Live the Light, a radio ministry of Hope Bible Chapel began airing Pastor Robbie’s messages in a 30 minute segment across Buffalo, upper state New York, Southern Ontario, and Atlantic Canada. Rob-bie is married to his wife Gill and they have four children.
All session are in the Manitoba Room
Sunday May 24
- 4:00 pm REGISTRATION
- 5:00 pm Supper
- Session #1: Connect with each other
Monday May 25
- Session #2: Faithful to the Word (2 Tim. 4:1-6)
- A call to the preaching of God’s Word
- Session #3: Faithful to the Kingdom (Matt. 6:33)
- A call to a fulfilling ministry for His Kingdom
- Session #4: Faithful in Character (Isaiah 66:1-2)
- Seeking God’s blessings by becoming leaders of character
Tuesday May 26
- Check out of room before breakfast
- Session #5: Faithful to what God Blesses
- Examining our calling and personal walk, to see how and where we need to grow
- Lunch on the Road
We all know that ministry can be both rewarding and difficult.
Over the course of these two and a half days, you will be reminded of your calling to faithfully endure in ministry by being.
- faithful to the Word,
- faithful to the kingdom,
- faithful in character,
- faithful to what God blesses.
Our prayer is that this Pastor Summit will leave you refreshed in your soul, and eager to live out your calling with renewed joy.
Pastor Summit Committee:
- Colin Bell
- Allen Kehler
- Darrell Dyck
- Michael Krahn
- Al Letkeman
HOW TO PREPARE FOR PASTOR SUMMIT 2020
2. Register with EMMC Home Office by calling 204.253.7929 or click here to register on-line.
3. Encourage you to read the book entitled “Dangerous Calling” by Paul Tripp before the Summit. A copy will be mailed to each church.
32 Burrows Rd, Pinawa, Manitoba
115 km northeast of Winnipeg
- Cost $285 per person
- (single room occupancy)
- Hotel style rooms
- Towels & bedding supplied
- Meals cafeteria style