Life Of Christ #1: Introduction & Childhood
Introduction & Childhood of Jesus:
- Gives an introduction to the political and geographical situation in Palestine in the first century, with reference to the Roman Empire, the Herods and the provinces under their jurisdiction.
- Presents the life of Jesus in five steps: Childhood, Year of Preparation, Year of Popularity, Year of Passion, Resurrected Life and shows how to find these steps in Matthew.
- Details the childhood of Jesus in Matthew and Luke.
- Introduces the concept of the Kingdom of God and the doctrine of Christ as God and Man, making a comparison with the false doctrines of the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons.
- Teaches how to use the three basic study techniques: observation, interpretation and application.
- Introduces the main Old Testament characters with their dates, giving an introductory sketch of their history.
- Begins the study of the messianic prophecies of the Old Testament.