Life Of Christ #2: Year Of Preparation
Analyzes the first year of the ministry of Jesus (Year of Preparation)
- Emphasizes the preaching of John the Baptist, the repentance and the spiritual fruit.
- Explains the main characteristics of the Pharisees and Sadducees, the Sanhedrin, etc.
- The baptism of Jesus introduces the doctrines of the Trinity and the attributes of God.
- The temptation of Jesus is the basis for looking at the inspiration of the Bible and a reflection on materialism, pride and violence in contemporary life.
- Presents the concepts of "synoptic" and "chronological" and uses the technique of comparison to unite Matthew with the rest of the "synoptics" and John.
- Emphasizes the extensive use of prophecy in Matthew. Teaches about the creed, the confession of sin and the use of symbols and examples in preaching.